#3  Utilities

I continually find more useful utilities with some general searches and word of mouth.  I have learned to install only one at a time though, as occasionally an app can slow down or misdirect the operating system.  It's sort of like when you begin feeding babies solid food--one at a time, so you can figure out if there are problems.

I had a bar code scanner but found the RedLaser Barcode & QR Scanner to function more cleanly than my existing, so changed to that one. I only use occasionally, but it's nice to have when you need it.

Google Goggles in an intriguing app, but I have never used it.  I'll make it a point to try it out on my next trip though.  The "behind the scenes" product development on that on is most intriguing. 


My favorite utility widget though, without a doubt,  is Assistive Light.  For use in a dark restaurant or walking down steps at night, it is invaluable.  It of course utilizes the light from the camera forquick visual assistance. Here is a quick explanation of how it works.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kajsZh6mcVQ

Comments

  1. I'm definitely going to give Assistive Light a try! There's still time to finish the other Things, or skip around and dabble with what interests you most!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts